German Mandarin Tart

Sheri Grabulis made this to share at a Sunday dinner during their seminary days. I hadn't tried it until tonight, but it is fabulous, and not too difficult to make. I think I'll be making this one again!

Crust:
Combine 2 cups all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, and 2 teaspoons mandarin juice (or you can use orange peel; I used both), blend. Add 14 tablespoons (3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons) butter or margarine, in chunks (I shredded very cold butter with a veggie shredder, tossing it after every couple tablespoons, rub in with your fingers just until dough holds together. Press over bottom and up sides of a greased 10-inch tart pan with removable rim.

1. Filling:
2 eggs
2/3 cup granulated sugar
12 oz mandarin juice
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
16oz sour cream
12 oz mandarins
In a bowl, with a mixer on high speed, beat eggs and granulated sugar until well blended. Stir in by hand mandarin juice, lemon juice, and sour cream. Add mandarins. Pour filling over crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

No comments: