Sesame Ginger Chicken Quesadillas

Found this recipe in my stuff, handwritten by me on a piece of paper. The accompanying Citrus Iced Tea recipe suggests to me that I got the recipe from my cousin, Chrissie. I made these tonight for supper and it was a hit. But first I used the sauce on a bacon/hardboiled egg lettuce salad for lunch, and it was delish.

9 T Sesame Ginger Sauce
3 c chopped cooked chicken
9 carrots, shredded
3/4 c diced purple onion
12 (8 in) flour tortillas
24 oz. shredded Mexican cheese blend

Heat the sesame ginger sauce in large skillet over medium heat; add chicken, carrots, & onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2--4 minutes, or until heated thoroughly.

Heat lightly greased griddle or large skillet. Place tortilla on griddle, sprinkle with cheese, spoon chicken mixture over half of tortilla. Cook one minute or until lightly browned, fold up non-chicken half over onto chicken half and press. Serve immediately.

No comments: