Julie Davenport's Crock Pot Oatmeal
OK, here it is: 3 cups uncooked regular oats, 1 chopped apple, 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar, 2-3 tsp vanilla, 2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp salt, 4 cups milk, 3 cups apple cider (I just use juice, although it is extra good with cider, ...but pricey!!!), 3 tbsp. butter, 1 cup raisins, 1/2 cup pecans (opt). Combine all ingredients except 1 tbsp. butter and the raisins into your crock pot. It is supposed to cook for 4 hours on low, so what I do is put it in the night before and cook for 3 hours. Then I put it in the fridge overnight, and put it back on for 1 more hour (or so) on low in the morning when I leave to work out. Then it's ready to go when we're ready to eat. Add the last tbsp of butter and the raisins right before you serve it. Makes 8-10 servings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment