Starting with the liquid ingredients and moving toward the less liquid, and then more chunky ingredients, mix it up. Try not to eat most of the cookie dough before you bake it, as I usually do, to my stomach's consternation. Roll into balls of whatever size you prefer and bake at 400ยบ for about 8 minutes, or until beginning to brown on top. Remove carefully, so the cookies don't collapse, and cool completely.
Cookies for the Byrnes
Kim's favorite cookie dough from Schwann's was called something like "Monster Mix." It was peanut butter flavored with oatmeal, chocolate chips, and M&Ms. When I convinced her to stop ordering expensive frozen food from Schwann's and just let me make cheaper, healthier, fresher food, I modified the basic chocolate chip cookie dough recipe to replicate her monstrous favorite.
2 sticks butter, softened or melted
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c white sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp peanut butter (or more…probably more.)
1 large egg
2 c white flour
1 c oatmeal
1/2 lb chocolate chips
Starting with the liquid ingredients and moving toward the less liquid, and then more chunky ingredients, mix it up. Try not to eat most of the cookie dough before you bake it, as I usually do, to my stomach's consternation. Roll into balls of whatever size you prefer and bake at 400ยบ for about 8 minutes, or until beginning to brown on top. Remove carefully, so the cookies don't collapse, and cool completely.
Starting with the liquid ingredients and moving toward the less liquid, and then more chunky ingredients, mix it up. Try not to eat most of the cookie dough before you bake it, as I usually do, to my stomach's consternation. Roll into balls of whatever size you prefer and bake at 400ยบ for about 8 minutes, or until beginning to brown on top. Remove carefully, so the cookies don't collapse, and cool completely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment