Chicken Fettuccine Bake

  • 1/2 lb fettuccine, cooked
  • 2 chicken breasts, cubed, browned
  • 6 vine tomatoes, coarsely diced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 c parsley, chopped
  • 1/4 c pine nuts
  • 1/4 c olive oil (approximate)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • shredded romano cheese to taste

    Caramelize onions and garlic in olive oil on medium high. When golden, add pine nuts and cracked pepper and cook until dark brown. Add tomatoes; cook and stir frequently--you may have to add some water to keep it from sticking. When tomatoes have broken down and the peels are coming off, toss in parsley and chicken. (I didn't brown the chicken, so I just kept stirring until the chicken cooked.) Cook until you have a thick sauce. Salt to taste. Pour over fettuccine in a greased casserole. Top with shredded romano cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 400 for half an hour. (I refrigerated it for a couple days and then baked it for an hour.) Serves 6.

    (And is really, really, really yummy.)
  • No comments: