1 c veg oil
1.5 c sugar
4 eggs
6 c oats
1 T & 1 t baking powder
1 t salt
1 t cinnamon
2 c milk
2 c chopped apples, optional
Beat first three ingredients in a blender. Add remaining ingredients, mix and pour into 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
Bake 30-40 minutes at 400 degrees (30 is more like it, you can overbake, drying it out)
Debby's Variation for a 6 x 9" pan
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 c sugar
3 eggs
3 c oats
2 t bp
1/2 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1 c milk
1 comment:
I made this today with a slight variation. Instead of the 1.5 cups of sugar, I put in an entire can of frozen apple juice concentrate. I wasn't sure it would be sweet enough, so I added 1/4 cup regular sugar, but I don't think it was necessary. A little goopy in the center, probably from underbaking, but next time I may add a bit of oatmeal to compensate for the extra liquid.
For sauce, I put frozen mixed berries in the blender, added 1/2 c frozen white grape juice concentrate, a little water and turned it on. My kids prefer the fresher taste of this sauce to the cooked sauce, and all said it was better this morning with the sugar substitute.
So happy I can still make this when I'm not eating sugar. :)
Post a Comment