Cheesecake

I'm hoping that Kilby will post her own renditions here as they have been requested. But here is what I would do, if I am remembering basics:

Cream together 3 packages softened cream cheese and 1/2 c sugar.
Continue beating, adding five eggs, one at a time.
Pour into graham cracker (one package crackers processed with one stick of butter) crust (crust could have some sugar as well as ground nuts in it as well) pressed in springform pan.

Bake very slowly. I think Kilby bakes it for 1 hour at 250 degrees, and then another hour at 200 degrees.

Run knife around outside edge before it cools.

Now you could vary this with all sorts of things, like an oreo cookie crust, or almond flavoring in the cheese mix, or a melted chocolate chip and cream sauce swirled into the batter. We await Kilby's suggestions.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

what size package of cream cheese? the big ones or the little ones?

Compleat Mom said...

The 8 oz. package. See Kilby's posted cheesecake recipe for more.