
"Pops" was Cal's maternal grandfather, once a cowboy who miraculously survived a cattle stampede, and later an engineer, a road-builder, and a father of seven. His first daughter, my mother-in-law, passed this recipe on to me early in my marriage. Pulled it out last night to make it for a church supper and figure I should share this easy and repeatable recipe here. Enjoy!
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine:
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsps. baking soda
2 tsps. salt
2 tsps. cinnamon
with
2 eggs
1-1/3 cups oil (I use light-tasting olive oil)
2 tsps. vanilla
Stir in four cups chopped apples and 1/2 cup raisins (I used craisins).
Put batter in greased (and floured if you're not using cooking spray) 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 1.5 hours. Serve warm with ice cream, or enjoy cooled--almost like cookie bars.
No comments:
Post a Comment