I had four gala apples in the fruit basket on the verge of inedibleness, so I decided to make an apple crisp. But after I got them cut up and into the greased baking dish I discovered I had no oats or brown sugar left. I almost opted for making a pie, but that would require making and rolling two crusts and transferring the apples to a pie pan giving me an extra dish to wash. So, lazy bum that I am, I dumped the rest of the ingredients I knew to be in apple pie into the baking dish with the apples, mixed 'em around, and improvised my own topping. The result? A perfect blend of sweet, tangy, soft, crunchy deliciousness.
4 apples, thinly sliced
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
Mix together and spread in the bottom of a greased glass baking dish.
1 c. corn flakes
1/4 c. butter, melted
Mix together and spread over apples. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1 T. sugar
Whip together until stiff. Lick the beaters. Serve atop the hot apple bake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment