This is a major favorite in the family. Poor Grace. She ordered it for her birthday cake in 2009 only called it the wrong thing and did NOT get it. It was first served to Cal and me during our engagement by his elder's wife, Regina Kling. She was kind enough to share with me where she got it. And I am glad that Betty Crocker is now posting recipes online because my wedding Betty Crocker book is MISSING THIS PAGE! Wonder why? It fell out long ago from overuse. Well, I can almost remember it in my head, but for newbies, click here.
There are some technical secrets to doing this well. And I must admit that it has never worked for me down here in Florida. It just doesn't rise like it did in higher, dryer places. Still tastes almondy good. And how cool is it that there is sugar only in the frosting. Almost hard to believe when you taste it. For the secrets: send me specific questions by comment and I'll try to clue you in to what I have learned about it.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment