Cuban Pork via Barbaranne Kelly's facebook

As long as everyone is making those amazing black beans, you might as well toss this into the oven for the full aromatherapy and completion of the feast! These are absolutely wonderful, and I can say that because the recipe did not originate with me. I can't remember the occasion, but Justo and Colleen Escobar made this pork and the black beans and rice for the whole church- FPC- once. I haven't made them in those quantities myself, but this amount is just right. Enjoy!

Cuban-Style Roast Pork

Justo & Coleen Escobar

Pork Shoulder roast
Badia brand Mojo Criollo marinade

Bake the roast, covered, at 350° for about 4 hours. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Cut into chunks, removing fatty portions, and return to roasting pan. Pour the mojo over the pork, coating well, cover, and refrigerate overnight. The next day, bake at 300° for a couple of hours or until warm through.

Serve with black beans and rice, yum!

No comments: