Santa Fe Chili

2 lbs. ground beef
1 med. onion chopped
2- 16 oz. cans kidney beans, rinsed
2- 15 oz. cans black beans, rinsed
2- 15 oz. cans pinto beans, rinsed
1- 11 oz. cans shoepeg corn
1- 14.5 oz. can whole tomatoes, diced
1- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilis
1- 11.5 oz. can V-8 juice
2 envelopes ranch salad dressing mix
2 envelopes taco seasoning

Combine in crock pot and simmer a long time. Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese.

Liz Gilman (or was it Andy?!) made this for us during the heavy snows that surrounded Susan's wedding in Northfield and it is a new favorite! I've made it once since we got home. Still don't know what shoepeg corn is and used regular yellow corn, nor did I have v-8 juice when I made it, but it still turned out well.

No comments: