
I watched my landlady, "Toofer" (Esther) Kinnaman make this with her bare hands (as in no spoon or fork, which I prefer to use). I have never had a better, flakier, or EASIER pie crust!
2 c FLOUR
1 t SALT
1/2 c OIL
1/4 c MILK
Blend flour and salt together with a fork. Then pour in oil and cut through with fork until the mixture is even and about the size of peas (some are, some aren't). Pour in the milk and blend lightly and quickly. Press half of dough into a flat ball and roll out between two pieces of handi-wrap.
Every fruit pie I've ever made has come from Betty Crocker's Cookbook. And here's Susan serving her rendition of the apple pie to one happy Mike Powell.
2 comments:
Okay, I'm gonna try this. Though I love making homeade bread (you can knead it to a pulp:),I am a total failure at homeade pie crust! I'd like to stop supporting Pillsbury, if possible.
The pic of you should be your profile pic, and you're cute and good looking enough to have your own TV show. Especially with the glasses on top of your head. You could be the next Julia Child. Ya know, cuz you're tall.
Post a Comment